We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

acer aspire 5332 no sound

alan2k1

Likes # 0

hi i have upgraded this laptop to windows 7, as it has 4gb of memory i used the 64bit version ...all went fine but there is no sound. in device manager there are no missing drivers. i have installed all the automatic updates plus the drivers from acer including chipset and audio but still no sound in either speakers or headphones. when you play a track there is activity when you click on the speaker icon the green indicator shows activity. i then started again using the 32 bit version and on completion of the windows7 install before installing any other drivers sound was there fine it must be a driver issue but cant see where to go next any help would be great thanks alan

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?modelId=1239 second driver on this page is for your machine.

Like this post
alan2k1

Likes # 0

hi many thanks fruit bat but that driver is the 1 i have used sadly doesnt work ..its that same driver for the 32bit version and that works fine but not for the 64 bit i have tried drivers from acer above and below the 5332 but still no luck

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Run Belarc to see what audio controller you have then try a search for Win7 64 bit drivers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'