We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Using laptop and projector for film show

Verbose

Likes # 0

HI,I want to use my laptop and digital projector to show films at our village hall. I have a performing rights licence.I assume the laptop will not power speakers big enough for the job so what do I need? Would speakers with built in amplifiers be best and would the laptop be able to power them? My laptop runs Windows 7 32 bit with 2gb of ram. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I do this at our church hall and link the laptop headphone or line out to the sound set up in the hall. I have also used a set of mains powered desktop speakers connected to the laptop which give a reasonable result but is not the same as through the hall's sound especially as that has a loop system.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Speaker in projector?

Always found the speakers in the projectors, I have used, to be louder than the laptop speakers, just needed an audio lead with a 3.5 jack at each end.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ I find that the projector speakers are not so good as a set of powered speakers. I use a portable projector and one fixed on a pole from the ceiling. There is no way I can get to that one to run the speakers! But then I use the hall sound system.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Agree, Its all down to the size of the room you are using.

One of my colleagues used to use a speaker bar http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-NQ576AT-LCD-Speaker-Bar/dp/B002HKIKDK usb powered from the laptop to boost the sound.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days