We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ink cartridge blocked

Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I hhad a colour ink cartridge with a blocked colour, but I had no cleaning fluid, so I experimented, either that or buy a new cartridge

First- Use the syringe to withdraw as much of the ink as you can.

Put a small amount of Surgical Spirit into the blocked section and it will very shortly start running out of the cartridge, repeat until clear or you are satisfied, then run the CLEAN mode on your printer to re-prime it.

Surgical spirit is available from the Chemist and it a reasonable price.

Terry

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Surgical spirit - Wonderful stuff Terry ! Have made use of it for lots of things.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...