We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Test if your ISP is shaping your traffic

gengiscant

Likes # 0

For those of you who are interested in such things. shaping?

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

My biggest problem is my ping rate, at this time of the evening I can get up to 16% packet loss, so much so it makes it like dailup.

Apparently there is a problem on the router at the server and it isn't going to be fixed until mid October according to the engineers.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

The only reason I posted this as I had intended moving to O2 but came across a post on their forums that went on for 20 odd pages of people complaining about this and the fact that the information is very difficult to read on the O2 website.

OP here: Throttling

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

gengiscant

I know you like trying out new programs so found another for you to try.

http://www.celframe.com/free-antivirus/

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

buteman

Hmmm,although I do have a Face-book page I have never got into the whole concept so this is not much use to me. As for anti virus and the like, although I have the basics, I very rarely scan and I must admit I cannot remember the last time I had anything nasty and I do a fair bit of torrenting. If I should get anything nasty that I cannot get rid of the I just reinstall,one of the benefits of a small SSD for OS and programs,its just as easy and a lot quicker reinstalling than faffing about trying to make sure whatever caused the problems has gone.

Thanks anyway.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Something new and thought of you.

I know that you always experiment with new programs and thought it may have been up your street.

By the look of it it covers most things but how good it is is a different thing.

Like yourself I am always looking for new or free programs that I think will help.

But having just got Avast Internet Security I was not going to remove it just to try the new program.

I thought the comparison between them looked good.

http://www.celframe.com/free-antivirus/index.php/product/comparison

But then again it may not be as good as the others.

Will need to wait till we get some reviews for it to see how good or bad it is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......