We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Remove Intel Screen

RussB78
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello all,

When I boot up and just after the POST screen I get another screen wsith just the word Intel in the middle of it, this lasts for something like 20 seconds or so.

Is there any way to remove this screen, probably useing a registry tweak or something.

Any thoughts very welcome, not a great problem, but worth a thought.

Regards

Russell

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

No its not a registry tweak,its in the bios. Look for full screen logo,might be in the boot menu,you can disable it there.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You will find it in the Advanced BIOS Features - scroll down to find Full Screen Logo Show - change it to disabled - Save and Exit.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

northumbria61,

Thanks very much for your help, it`s much appreciated.

Russell

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

I just had a look in the BIOS Advanced BIOS Features but I don`t have Full Screen Logo Show, also I should have said that the Intel Screen comes before the POST.

I shall have another look around in there and see what it`s all about.

Many thanks

Russell

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Its definitely in there,what make is your mobo?

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

My computer is a Medion MD8822 and the mobo is a MS 7318 Version 1.1 but that information is pretty useless as I tried to find a manual for that four years ago when I first bought the thing, I`m sure it was made by msi but there was nothing anywhere about their websight about it.

Not to worry it was just seeing this damn intel logo taking up plenty of time before the POST screen that annoyed me, so I thought I would try remove it.

I appreciate all your help and time.

Russell

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

I have looked at everything in the bios and Full Screen Logo cannot be found anywhere.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

It might not necessarily say full screen logo, but it will be there as virtually every board I have ever owned has something similar which I have had to turn off.

You are quite correct about your motherboard it might have been made by MSI but its for Aldi so therein lies the difficulty of finding a manual,at the moment I am having a look around some German sites. if I find anything I'll post back.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Thanks gengiscant,

This computer is not like anything I have ever had before, and the only bits that are original are that mobo and whats left of the case.

I have checked everything in the BIOS and there is definitely nothing even remotely like 'Full Screen Logo' nor anthing even resembling that.

I tried many forums all over the place four years ago for that elusive manual without ant luck.

Many Thanks

Russell

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

If you can find no other way to remove this splash screen irritation then simply tapping once on the Esc key as soon as it appears will minimize your suffering :¬)

Cheers HC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED