We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Suitable discs for recording onto dvd player

gel
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello I want to record from tv to dvd player Then delete contents on the disc when programme has been viewed What disc's do I need please gel

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

The major DVD formats are DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD - RAM. DVD-R/RW

DVD - R and DVD + R are write-once formats, while DVD-RW, DVD-RAM are rewritable i.e. you can record more than once onto the same disc. DVD - RW and DVD + RW discs can be erased and re-recorded about 1,000 times, while DVD-RAM discs can be re-recorded up to 100,000 times! The + and - varieties are not compatible, however here is no difference between +and -in terms of quality, although for some reason,-discs tend to be cheaper. DVD+R/+RW recordings are always DVD-Video compatible .With a DVD+RW video recorder, you don't have to worry about the various recording modes and options. All discs that are produced by the DVD+RW video recorder, both DVD+R and DVD + RW, regardless of their playing time or picture quality setting, are written in a compatible mode and therefore can be played in the vast majority of standard DVD- Video players.

Like this post  
gel

Likes # 0

Thank you very much northumbria61 That is a very comprehensive reply which I find most informative Cheers gel

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...