We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

dell pc wont start up

that big lad

Likes # 0

Hello all,

I have a dell GX 520, it has been fine for what i need until today when i went to it and i woulnt turn on.

I have tried taking all the parts out, cleaned and replaced but there is still nothing!!

I need to get all the information off the hard drive as soon as possible,

Is there a way to either fix the problem or a way to get all my info of the hard drive?

Also I need to buy a new PC with XP pro, due to the software i use, any UK shop recomendations

Thanks for any help

• Tags:
  • pc
Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Excellent reputation, and if you ask nicely, I am sure they would put XP on any PC you bought from them.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/

You could put your hard drive into a USB caddy and then you would be able to access it via any other PC.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=&q=hard+drive+caddy&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3MOZA_enGB335GB336&ie=UTF-8

Like this post
that big lad

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for the reply, is there a USB caddy that i could put my hard drive into and then plug it into my laptop???

Thanks again

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes, just get one that is compatible with your hard - i.e. IDE or SATA 2.5inch or 3.5inch. The caddies come with their own power-pack - just fit the drive into caddy and then connect to laptop by USB.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......