We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

problems connecting to some websites

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have W7 64 bit, Belkin N+ ADSL2 Router and a Vonage Internet phone. Today the Vonage connection failed and a number of attemts to reset the device failed. I rest the router etc. The Vonage website and the tech support of Belkin on IE8 came up with:OOPs Internet Explorer could not find Vonage.co .uk - same with Belkin Tech support. I have PC Tools Firewall,Avira free anti virus, SAS and Malawarebytes., also Spywareblaster. I will run the scans to check for malware but I wondered if anyon else has problems.Could a IE user see if they can get Vonage.com?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Using IE9 and was able to find vonage.com OK. Have you tried http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to see if it is just you?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Should add that I can see both vonage.co.uk and Vonage.com

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

compumac. Thanks.The link also came up with the "Ooops" message! Everything ok this morning! Wierd - running scans at present - hope tommorrow it works!I cannot understand why only some sites have this message - Google,PCA are ok.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I am on IE 9 btw.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Tried widows update - Message "Cannot Update, error code 802442C" Went to MS website - tried turning off anti virus and firewall, still could not update. Curiouser and curiouser. Running SAS and Avira scans then Malawarebytes to see if they find anything.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I do not know why but everything now seems to be working. Maybe some gremlin that came and went, who knows? Update check now works, as does Vonage. Thanks for useful link, compumac.I only wish I knew how it was solved!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK