We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Want to move ISP

gengiscant

Likes # 0

Though the company I am currently with, out of contract by the way,Be broadband have given me a very reliable service and speeds around the 7MB mark I have had occasion to use the customer service as I am changing banks and wanted to update my direct debit details. You would have thought that I wanted the solve the worlds energy problems. It has been chaos, doesn't help that the advisor's first language is not English.

Anyway to cut a long story short looking for recommendations for here in Edinburgh,I though I had an alternative in O2 but although there customer service advisor's first language is English they seem to have trouble understanding it. It has taken 3 phone calls to try and get bank details corrected, even though I had the guy repeat them they were still wrong a few hours later even though I had had a text and email saying all was well. So I decided that if this was the standard of customer service I could look forward to even before O2 supplied me with broadband I didn't want it.

So looking for recommendations which must include a decent customer service.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Virginmedia if it is in your area.

Some good deals for new customers just now.They also have foreign call centres but that is usually for faults.

Like this post
harps1h

Likes # 0

Try Plusnet. They have a rolling 30 day contract and their CS is excellent. I joined them in June and they have solved a long running problem I was having with my bb speeds. After 15 months and 2 isp's they solved it in 4 weeks and I am running at a rock solid speed where I used to before my problems. I have found them thorough and informative, more so through their internal mailing. If you use the net a lot for say gaming or other bandwidth intensive applications, opt for the additional PRO package. It is £5 well spent

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I use a small company called Vispa - they're in Cheshire, and if you have a problem you speak to an engineer at their base in Altringham (spelling?). Been with them for years and very satisfied.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK