We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to connect and what is best

simon91187

Likes # 0

I have an Acer Aspire 5742 Model and an HD Ready Tv, which is the best possible way to connected the 2 together so i can watch films, gaming ect on my tv. Also in the next few months i will be looking to buy a projector screen can this be connected in the same way to my laptop?

Thanks for your help and support

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Your Acer laptop has an HDMi connector so all you need is an HDMi cable to connect your laptop to your HD Ready TV.

To connect to a Projector see here link text

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

* Note - your HDMi cable will give you both picture and audio *

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The Laptop will need to have Connection for HDMI for it to connect, if its not got this you need to connect from Laptop To PC input on TV if there is one, in which case you will also need a sound cable from Laptop Ear phone socket to the Analogue Sound socket on the TV

Like this post
simon91187

Likes # 0

thanks people much appreciated

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund