We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

From 32bit to 64 bit printer. HP photosmart C7100

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Trying to upgrade photosmart C7100 all in one printer from 32bit to 64bit.

Old laptop is windows XP that the printer was bought for originally.

I have a Win7 64bit laptop so I reckon the printer will need bringing up to 64bit, as it won’t print from the new laptop.

I have been unable to find an update for this printer even at the HP site.

It brings up 2 slightly different models C180 and C185 does any one know if the 64bit upgrade is the same for all C model printers.

Will it be backward compatibility and still print from the XP? HP driver site

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

The printer itself doesn't change, it's your Windows 7 computer that requires the 64-bit drivers to use the printer. Therefore, it will continue to work with your 32-bit XP Laptop as it does at the moment.

This page has the 64-bit software & drivers for the C7100 Series which is what you require.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

mgmcc Of course not really thinking was I, I do get things mixed up at times. Good job someone can unravel me and see what I am trying to say. Thanks for your time.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September