We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox Problem

dfb70uk

Likes # 0

I am having trouble with Firefox. I think it's really a computer fault. Firefox will not run when asked, when i try to uninstall the uninstall says it is running but does not show on Task manager. Rebooting it can then be uninstalled. Installing the latest version and it all happens again. The only clue is it happened after I used CCleaner so the registry may now wrong in some way. Anybody got any ideas?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Can only think that you may have to save any cookies for Firefox as C Cleaner will remove them all if you don't save them.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

dfb70uk

When you clean your system with CCleaner it gives you the option to save, before you clean. Then if as Buteman says "It will remove all cookies that haven't been saved" All you have to do is reverse the clean. If however you didn't save before cleaning, you could try a 'System Restore' to before you started having the trouble with FF.

Like this post
orsta

Likes # 0

I know it's not exactly what you have got, but most firefox problems I have seen, concern the user profile.

Have a look at the attached http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profileinuse

and see if you have the parent.lock file problem. If this does not help, no harm done.

c

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'