We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freeview programme gude blank

Pineman100
Resolved

Likes # 0

We have two Freeview boxes in our home. For the past couple of days the electronic programme guide on both of them has been blank. All of the channels are listed normally and the time-slot fields all exist, but instead of programme information in each field there's just a dash.

We're receiving programmes normally, and can switch up and down through the channels using the P+ and P- buttons.

I've tried running a full first-time installation to cure the problem, but this hasn't helped.

Any ideas on getting our EPG back, please?

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

I should perhaps have added - in case it's relevant - that I receive TV from the Tacolneston transmitter, in Norfolk.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

If both Freeview boxes have the same problem, it is most unlikely that they have both failed at the same time. It would look as though your transmitter is not broadcasting that information. Have you spoken to any neighbours to find out if they are experiencing the same problem? You may also be able to use the internet to find out whether any problems exist with your transmitter.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

Just found this information, which may explain your difficulties http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TM131958.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

Sorry Pineman100, the link doesn't appear to want to work. If you click on the transmitter button at the top and then the engineering work button on the next screen you will get a map. Now click on your transmitter on the map and the information comes up.

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

I gave my brother my freeview box and it no longer shows the channel numbers but works ok using the up down button.

I think it was a Philips.

So maybe certain models stops showing the channel numbers.

We are in the Northants area.

Waltham changes over tomorrow so I may retune my TV to that just to see if we pick up Central news.

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Success! I followed The Kestrel's Link and on to another page on that website. This gave me a step-by-step guide to clear my existing EPG and then to re-install it. That worked.

Many thanks The Kestrel!

Just in case it can help anyone else, you'll find the instructions on this page.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...