We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free Ad Blocker

tardis100

Likes # 0

I'm getting tired of seeing all the pop-ups - does anyone know of a totally free programme that will block them? I keep searching but only seem to find (once I've downloaded and installed) ones that offer a "free trial." Any help appreciated before my eyes suffer any more from the constant flashing!

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Use Firefox and Ad blocker plus

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

You can a;so use it on IE and Chrome

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rawprawn

Can you remind me how you do it for Internet Explorer.

I did copy the easy list to I/E a while back and have forgotten how to do it. I would like to check for updates for it.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

buteman

i have been thinking of replacing iepro with this option

http://simple-adblock.com/

for ie8 ie9

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

You have to pay for that now.

It used to be free.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

yes not cheap.29$

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

buteman thanks thought it was free, i will keep iepro for now then

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

tardis100

If you are using IE8 or below you can get the free IE7pro add on.

This is what I mean but scroll back for an earlier download as the latest download is poor.

If using it.Make sure ad blocker is ticked and mini download manager is unticked.

It is free and quite good but not great on IE9.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops http://www.ie7pro.com/ that is the one to forget I will try and get an older version for you.

This is an earlier version and works Ok. Just make sure it does not try and download the latest version .

http://download.cnet.com/IE7Pro/3000-12512_4-10649334.html

Once you tick ad blocker you have to close I/E and then on again for it to start working.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

buteman, sorry I think I am wrong regarding IE. I saw a notice but I now think it must have been for Ad Block

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room