We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iTunes Film Download - How do I Play on My TV

Scrivers

Likes # 0

I've just downloaded a film from iTunes which downloaded into the iTunes library. I want to enjoy this film in front of my TV in my living room. There seems to be no way to achieve this. The file, an m4v format, won't even play in Windows Media Player. It will only play in the iTunes software. Anybody know how I can watch this via my DVD player on my TV, or have Apple really got things so stitched up that their products are virtually unusable.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I transferred mine to my iPad, connected the iPad to my TV by the Apple component cables (plus extra power via the USB connection on the cables) and it played fine.

You could also convert it into a different format. I haven't tried that, so can't advise.

Like this post
Scrivers

Likes # 0

That's an interesting solution. I wonder if it would work with my iPod Classic - it has 160Gb memory so could handle the size of file. Did you connect the USB end of your Apple cable to your TV?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

No. The component cables come with the iPad connector on one end which feeds the signal from the pad to the TV. It also has a USB connection to provide power for the Ipad and this is connected by USB cable to the Apple mains plug. The iPad does not have sufficient power, by itself, and must be helped. It's difficult to explain! Have a look at the Apple iPad website and you will find the cables under spares or accessories or something!!

Sorry, it's late and I'm tired!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...