We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TOSHIBA LAPTOP (SOUND)

Ventad
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am not getting any sound through the speakers on a Toshiba L500, W7 64bit OS 4GB RAM. If I plug in headphones sound OK and if I unplug the headphones I get sound from the speakers until I reboot again then no sound. Any Ideas please?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Go to Control Panel - Sound - check your settings.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

northumbria61 should have said I tried that just looked again and speakers are ticked as default device, even when I test the speakers the visual sound waves come from the speakers on "configure" but no sound.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I believe that the L500 has a rotary volume control on the front edge, has this been turned down to zero? Some other people have reported that this volume control is prone to dust and have cleaned it out with a short blast of compressed air. Try Googling Toshiba L500 sound problems.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

chub_tor

Thanks for that I will give it a try tomorrow, the rotary volume control is full up though. Its got to be something in the boot up telling the Realtec HD to use the earphones or something like that but I cannot see anything pointing to that effect. As I said, if I plug in the earphones they work and pull the jack out and the speakers work ! strange!!

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

still the same.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

"Now Working" After numerous times of rolling back the Drivers for Intel HD Audio HMDI and Itel HD Audio then downloading new drivers finally it has worked. Phew!!!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more