We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sudden freeze - Optical Mouse

Ankermi

Likes # 0

Windows XP .AVG.CCleaner.

Was on main desktop computer and following a link on a well used rugby site which took me to a Facebook page wanting me to log on which I did not want to do. Went to use the mouse but it had frozen.

Could not get out of it via Control/Alt/Del. Eventually closed the computer on its power up button. Checked batteries and cleaned mouse.

Waited and then booted up again this took me to the sign in page i.e. My Icon name but the mouse is still frozen so unable to get to desktop.

Have tried another mouse via the USB point and this has the same problem.

Will access responses via laptop. Thank you.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Try booting into safe mode ()via F8 on boot) to see if the mouse works there. If so, try a System Restore. If not, I don't know!

Like this post
Ankermi

Likes # 0

Have tried Save Mode. Computer very reluctant to let me but got got there. Managed to check the mouse settings and it says working ok. Endeavoured to get into system restore and no way can I get there. It seems that the tabs do not want to open.

Thanks for your honesty, like you I don't know!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Try this ?

link text

Like this post
Ankermi

Likes # 0

Thanks but to me it seems the whole system is going down so will era on the side of caution and take it to the computer techs tomorrow to sort out rather than completely send it into orbit.

Thanks for your time very grateful

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...