We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mobile phone email

shellship

Likes # 0

With today's smart phones one can access one's emails once the set up has been done. However, I think that this facility downloads the mails to one's phone from the server and they therefore cannot be accessed from one's home computer. It also means that all the inevitable spam is downloaded too.

Is there any way: 1. Keeping the mail on the server for subsequent access from the computer or just viewing it without downloading? 2. having a spam filter on the phone?

I'm sure this has been covered before but I cannot find it.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

On my Blackberry there is an option whereby one can either delete the message from the server or not. I have mine selected as "not", therefore the message is still on the server when I view it on my PC.

The PC is setup to collect the email and delete from the sever.

I have, over the years, setup spam filters on the server so that, now, very few spam emails get through to the phone. I don't bother with filters on the phone.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I use imap rather than pop for this purpose. imap is server based and all messages are on the server and on your pc, laptop, smartphone or other device. You can see from any device the ones you have sent too.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......