We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

fujitsu Laptop cd drive

Billp64
Resolved

Likes # 0

Further to earlier found on microsoft site a download to check cd rom drive, did not repair but now I cannot start the laptop. It will not start in safe mode or last good and as the cd rom will not read cannot load the xp recovery cd. Had a back up on external drive at one time but it will not read that even with it as boot. Any ideas how to get it going again, I have a thought about buying exteral cdrom. ANy help please. Thanks Bill

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/USB-Recovery-Console.shtml

Recovery console on USB will only work if you can boot the laptop from USB

One in recovery console

Restore XP

Boot to the command prompt and type:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Press Enter and follow the on-screen prompts to restore to an earlier date/time

if will not boot to command prompt then:

Restore from recovery console http://www.myfixes.com/articles/system

boot from the XP CD. Start Windows Setup and press R to access the recovery console. Select your Windows installation, then type the administrator password – press Enter if there isn't one. Now enter the following commands:

CD C:\ CD "system volume information_resto~1" DIR

You'll see a list of restore point folders with names such as RP1, RP2 and so on. Pick the restore point you wish to use, using the folder date stamps to guide you. Enter the commands:

CD RPx (the restore point you chose) CD SNAPSHOT

This takes you into the folder containing the restore point snapshot files. Copy the Registry backups so that they overwrite the existing Registry files.

COPY Registrymachine_system C:\Windows\System32\Config\System COPY Registrymachine_software C:\Windows\System32\Config\Software COPY Registrymachine_sam C:\Windows\System32\Config\Sam COPY Registrymachine_security C:\Windows\System32\Config\Security COPY Registryuser_.default C:\Windows\System32\Config\Default

Type the command exit to close the Recovery Console and restart the PC.

Like this post
Billp64

Likes # 0

Thanks but computer keeps looping into safe mode etc, will not start or read the recovery cd. I do get error message cannot load the hive,blue stop screen. I made a restore point and went on microsoft site to let the fix it try and solve why the cd rom was not reading the disk properly. WHen I restarted the computer nothing worked only loops. Not sure now how to get it going again easy if I can get to safe mode

Like this post
Billp64

Likes # 0

I have managed to get the cd rom to read the fujitsu XP recovery cd, loads setup and stops when searching for previous installation, it does the same if I use recovery as after entering 1 stops. Any idea how to get passed this please. Even tried a Dell XP cd which I have but that loads then can't find the hard drive. Appreciate any ideas to get it going. My Dell now has win7 which I have an upgrade cd would that allow me to format the laptop hard drive and then load the Fujitsu recovery CD which I presume has XP on it. Any help to get this thing going again before I give up and smash it would be apprciated. I have learnt one thing that I am never going to buy laptops again.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

This is the third post on this subject and there are outstanding questions on this one http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4069390/fujitsu-laptop-win-xp/

I'll leave Fruit Bat /\0/\ to follow this one and come back if necessary later.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Do you know what make the hard drive is?

Like this post
Billp64

Likes # 0

I now realise the problem the recovery cd supplied by Fujitsu for XP works but the laptop has a sata hard drive. I need to find a Sata driver for AMilo 1505 but where. On the net I have found a lot of people have this problem and only way is to slipstream but not sure how to get sata driver. I know laptop has intel chipset. I have emailed Fujitsu but they are not very helpful so not sure if I get a reply. Fancy supplying a recovery cd that will not work. If anyone has any help then please let me know thank you for trying so far.

Like this post
Billp64

Likes # 0

Hi I have now got it going again but have had to wipe out everything still atleast I can put all back on in my own time. Thanks people for any help offered but thread now closed

Like this post  
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Click on one of the ticks to the right of every post that will turn it green and mark as complete.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback