We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

fujisitsu Laptop cd drive

Billp64

Likes # 0

Further to earlier found on microsoft site a download to check cd rom drive, did not repair but now I cannot start the laptop. It will not start in safe mode or last good and as the cd rom will not read cannot load the xp recovery cd. Had a back up on external drive at one time but it will not read that even with it as boot. Any ideas how to get it going again, I have a thought about buying exteral cdrom. ANy help please. Thanks Bill

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

A link to your earlier post Here I suggest you stick to that one and we'll post there for you. This thread needs to be ignored as it will confuse.

Like this post
Billp64

Likes # 0

Thanks but the problem now is it more critical after trying the fix it on Microsoft site. Now will not load and cd will not read so all it does is goes around in circles. I think now I will have to try and put a new cd drive in it to get going again. This post is more relevant by trying to fix the first one.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I`ve posed some questions in the original thread and tied the two together. Have a look.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...