We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Information on a Navman Pin 570 required?.

spuds

Likes # 0

I have just obtained some sealed box Navman Pin 570's, which were for the French, German market.

Question that I am asking: Should the internal battery charge from new, when first plugged into the mains charger, or is there a procedure to follow before doing this?.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Yes it should and you must charge fully before disconnecting from mains.

Also allow it to fully discahrge before recharging do this at least three times, this procedure will ensure good battery life.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat, thank you for the response, I have been trying to reply, but it would appear that my 'extended thread' requests are being denied by the PCA website. So hopefully this third attempt will get through?.

The new boxed sealed device we have tested on opening will not functioning either from battery power or mains charger- adapter (doa?). So we were wondering if the software (5 cd's) needs to be installed via the computer first?.

We have a 'used' Navman Pin 570, with all the software installed, which seems to work from the mains charger - adapter, but not from the battery. Trying to charge the battery over an extended period doesn't even activate the charging light?.

Information regarding batteries and charging seems very sketchy from the Navman manuals and from other internet searches. We can obtain batteries for this device, but was wondering before further expense, if there might be other suggestions?.

Any help would be appreciated in resolving the issues raised.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer