We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lenovo Ideapad G570 - Does this product exist?

Laptop hunter

Likes # 0

Come out no.1 in review test on website but I cannot find this laptop on the lenovo website, they only have it under the essential range. does anyone know of the product code for the item reviewed so I can ensure I am buying the correct model?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Difficult, as on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Notebook-i5-2410M-Blu-ray-Windows/dp/B004TQQGFE one of the several G570 models is:

"Item Under Review This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described. We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible."

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
heywoodg

Likes # 0

What is the point of a review of an equipment that no one can get hold of. Certainly USB 3 is almost impossible to get on these machines

Like this post
heywoodg

Likes # 0

Lenovo IdeaPad G570 covers a host of different specifications. Just look on Amazon.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

I tend to think the IDEAPAD G570 was produced as a "development", with a large number of different versions, to "test the water". Lenovo's website still shows the G570 as a "crossover" model between their Essential and Ideapad range, but it is really only produced as an Essential. Many of the IDEAPAD G570's features are now incorporated in the IDEAPAD Z570, but, again there are a host of versions. The better ones sound like a good piece of kit, but reviews are hard to find. Good luck if you want to find USB 3.0, but many have E-Sata. My concern with the confusion over model numbers, is that it could be fun getting spares, "down the line", when they go wrong!! By the way, one can still get the IDEAPAD G570 from some stockists, but be careful to get a full spec first!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

That model does not appear in PCA's latest list of sub-£600 laptops. The i3-2310M does at no3.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

The latest (life would be a lot easier if there weren't so many versions) is 4/750GB, i5-2430M, and switchable graphics between HD3000 and Nvidia GT520M. Only found one mag review, have asked for one here. Sounds good at around £530 - £550.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do