We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer not printing more than one copy

daniellabell
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello

I have recently installed a new printer (before doing this I uninstalled my previous printer using RevoUninstaller). Unfortunately I couldn't get the CD rom to work so I had to visit the Brother website and download the most up to date drivers from there.

My new printer is a Brother DCP-J315W and I am using Vista. I am trying to print from Microsoft Word and when I select to print a number of copies it only prints one, regardless of the number of copies I have selected.

I have just checked and this is also the case when trying to print from an internet page, I am using Google Chrome.

Does anyone know if there any settings I can change to enable me to print quantities?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have you tried the Brother Solution Centre?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You should be able to right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences then select/change the number of copies - this would only be a short term solution I imagine.

Like this post
daniellabell

Likes # 0

Yes I visited the Brother Solution Centre but their recommended actions did not work. They advised the following:

"For Windows Vista® Users: Click Start =>Control Panel => Printers. Right click on the printer icon for your machine and select Properties. Click the Advanced tab and uncheck Enable advanced printing features."

I have also tried the second suggestion of right clicking on the printer and selecting Printing Preferences then select/change the number of copies and still it only prints one copy of the document.

I think I will just phone Brother tomorrow to see if they have any idea unless anyone can think of any other settings which I could potentially change?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try this -

Right-click on the C:\windows\temp folder. Choose "properties," then "security."

You will see a listing that may include, CREATOR OWNER, SYSTEM, Administrators, Users, and Trusted Installer.

Click once on "Users (ie:your pc information\Users)"

In the permissions window below, the Users entry should have all of the same check-marks as the Administrators entry. To add check-marks, Click the "Users" entry once to hi-light it, and click "Edit." Add the needed check-marks. (Example - tick all the boxes - Full control, Modify, Read, Write etc.) then click Apply - OK

Like this post  
daniellabell

Likes # 0

Wow it's worked! Thank you very much, I can now print multiple quantities!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September