We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WARNING--- UBUNTU

Terry Brown

Likes # 0

If you decide to install Ubuntu (11.04) on your system, it will work with windows, however if you decide hat you no longer want it, and try to delete, you will lose ALL information on that drive, windows will not be able to format or Partition it.

The only way to recover the Harddrive is to use a low Level format program from the Harddrive manufacturers.

USB drives (including USB thumb drives) cannot be recovered this way as all the information required to format the disk is lost.

If you must try Ubuntu, run it from a CD or DVD on;ly.

Terry

Like this post
scotty

Likes # 0

Here is a good "How to" : click here

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Talking about Farmer linux, its not windows you find in all the gadgets and kitchen car appliances its Linux.

only problem as I see it after you remove it, the Dual Boot can be messed up, depending on what you use and manage the boot with, how its been loaded.

As to, "Thought that business made the the world go round". It also makes it come to a full stop when they start selling shares

Like this post
Paulius55

Likes # 0

You can install Ubuntu from Windows via WUBI, so if you ever want to remove Ubuntu you just remove the WUBI installation from Windows with no risk to your data and the space is immediately available to Windows again.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

I have installed Ubuntu 3 or 4 times. Last occasion I used WUBI again but something went wrong and I knackered my W7 boot.

It was quite a sweaty evening, in spite of recent Image backups, I had problems.

Simple in the end, it was just MBR. (I played with too may options in EasyBCD)

'Partition Wizard Bootable CD' was useful, but I could have done it with various other means.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote