We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Money shareprice updates

Newuser4608

Likes # 0

When I buy a share and add it to a new account in Money and add the code, e.g. ADM, the prices update. If I sell the share its price continues to update. How do I remove sold shares from the Update Prices list?

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Pine Man,

Many, many thanks for the link. I have now downloaded the programme and will try it out in the next couple of weeks. What I find mind-numbingly annoying is that I went to MSs web site and it appeared to have no knowledge of Money and yet you are able to give me a link that not has it but is a FREE download as well, an is 34 MB! So what were those sites trying to palm off on to people when they said the download was 170.6 MB/ OK, OK I accept that that was more rhetorical than any other type of question, but it still rankles!

Hopefully I will be able to update my shares now, and save a very convoluted system that I have had to adopt since Quicken went down!!

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Good luck!

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

PS Does anyone know if it is possible to download a manual for MS Money, and if so where to obtain it?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Housten

I could be wrong but I think you will find it after installation.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

This link gives some advice and appears to suggest help will be loaded with the installation. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2118008

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Pine Man,

Being brain dead doesn't really help me does it??

I went to your link and read it and then started contemplating what to do - result I forgot to thank you for the link and help, so many apologies for that appalling slip and many thanks for the link. All I wish to do is to keep an eye on our [ not very many ] shares, keep the prices up to date so I know how much we have in hand! Not a lot to ask, I think anyway, but reading your link I am not certain that - contrary to Newuser4608's opinion - the shares will be updated, which means I will probably have to start looking for some - preferably free or fairly inexpensive - software to do the job that Quicken did for me!!

Anyway as I said many thanks for all your help and assisstance.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Many thanks and good luck.

Like this post
Newuser939

Likes # 0

I am sure that you already know, but if you have Microsoft Office, you can use that to automatically update share prices. I did it with an instruction manual in one hand and can confirm that it works - I think that it picks up the prices from Yahoo Finance.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Newuser939,

No I didn't know that! I have MS Office 2003 Professional and a manual for 'Excel 5', fourth edition by the Cobb group and copyrighted 1994! I have never seen anything to indicate share price updates and I would be very grateful if you could provide any further help/advice/information on this.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Does this help? http://www.ehow.com/how2027266stock-prices-excel.html

If not just google something like 'share price updating in excel and there is loads of stuff:-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good