We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sending mail through Sky servers

Peeyabbs
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a friend who is in the middle of moving house, they have moved temporarily from a ntl cabled house to a sky broadband enabled house, and are then moving back. the issue they have is that they can now not send mail, as it is going through sky servers not NTL. Could someone please advise how to configure outlook, so that they can send out through the sky server. I have been advised to use smtp.tools.sky.com and port 665. also tick authentication with log on using same details as log on.

Cheers Chris

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 0

Yes, if you stay with NTL. But if you cancel your subscription with NTL then you will lose all emails address with them.

Like this post
Peeyabbs

Likes # 0

Could someone please advise how to configure outlook, so that they can send out through the sky server.

Not sure how your reply answers my Question Timbo

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 0

What i am saying is, you should still be able to access NTL emails via any Internet Server. But if you cancel your subscription with NTL then your email address will no longer work.

Like this post
Peeyabbs

Likes # 0

Its not receiving that is the problem, its sending out through a server other than ntl.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

To send ntl/virgin emails with sky as ISP you have to go to ClickHere and apply for a skyuser account

see post from 'handbag' on page 1 "Virgin email account that I am able to receive , but no longer send emails through windows mail. With this system I will be able to put the details in to windows mail and I will then be able to send my virgin emails again. I would leave my incoming server as POP3 mail.virgin.net but just alter the outgoing one to mail.skyusermail.com"

Like this post  
ßeta

Likes # 0

Change the Outgoing Mail SMTP Setting in Outlook to smtp.tools.sky.com

Click Here for full settings

Like this post
Peeyabbs

Likes # 0

Beta, they use ntl as a mail address, not sky so your suggestion won't work. Lotvic, looks likes you get the gold star today. Thanks a lot

Like this post
Peeyabbs

Likes # 0

Lotvic, It worked a treat, very happy friend now, who promises me lots of red wine.

Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow