We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

First Blue-Ray DVD Writer for my PC - recommendations please?

BAW9DV
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi there,

I'm a new member and have five computers at home, two laptops and three desktops.

For the first time, I'm now interested in getting a Blue-Ray DVD writer for my main family PC. The PC is running Windows XP Pro SP3 fully updated on an Intel Core2Duo 2.20GHZ E4500 CPU with 2GB RAM, a 500GB 7200rpm HDD with 32MB cache an ASUS motherboard and an NVidia GeForce 7300 GS graphics card. I use a AOC 24" WideScreen monitor running at a resolution of 1900x1200.

From my initial research, it seems that there may be issues when installing and using such a writer with the Windows XP OS. I'd rather not change to Windows 7 yet on this PC so any ideas of what I could buy for my first BlueRay device that would work with Windows XP Pro would be welcome. Ideally, I'd like to find a multi-region device if possible but this can be overlooked if not available. I'm also told that selecting the right playback software is equially important here as well. And help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lee James West Sussex UK

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

You dont need a bluray writer to to burn HD material you can burn this to a standard dvd with an ordinary dvd writer albeit not as much .It will play on a bluray player

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I find I can get about half an hour of HD video on a standard DVD. Blu-Ray discs are quite expensive still.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers