We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

spywareblaster will not open

Snrub

Likes # 0

Spywareblaster will not open so I uninstalled it and re-installed it, still will not open, requests UAC permission and given but still will not open then a message pops up saying failed to create IDespatch. Any ideas please?

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 1

Then after you have completed revo, right click the .exe and install as administrator.

Best of luck!

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 1

In my personal opinion, software like Norton & McAfee & now AVG is all bloated with extra gadgets. I think it maybe a good idea just to try and revo McAfee, give pc a quick clean with ccleaner, reboot and then try and install Spywareblaster. If Spywareblaster does install then re instate McAfee and see how that goes.

Avira is ok, but unless it's a paid for version, then it gives nil protection with email clients installed on your pc.

UAC can be turned off (If you wish): 1, Click start 2, Type in "start search" msconfig & press enter. 3, Once the "System Configuration" windows comes up, click on the Tools tab. 4, Scroll close to the bottom and look for "Disable UAC" 5, Once you have clicked Disable UAC, then click the "Launch" button. A cmd window will appear, just close that. Now reboot.

Best of luck !!

Like this post
dave_1967

Likes # 0

If the McAfee is the full suite then you will not require Spywareblaster as McAfee should be more up to date and adequate to deal with any spyware. In my opinion running Spywareblaster alongside McAfee spyware protection would tend to conflict with each other. If you are using the basic McAfee, then the previous post by TIMBO is the best advise. But if you are using the full McAfee suite then maybe you can run rugular scans with Norman>> http://www.norman.com/downloads/malware_cleaner/ Simply type in your email address in the red box and the download will appear for you.

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 0

Seems the link thats been posted in Pc Advisor takes you to the incorrect page. http://www.norman.com/downloads/malware_cleaner/

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 0

Seems that copy and paste is in order for this link posted by dave_1967.

Like this post
dave_1967

Likes # 0

cheers timbo strange its redirecting.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If not already installed - download and install Revo Uninstaller to completely remove before reinstalling - link text

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

failed to create IDespatch is usually a problem with McAfee, are you running McAfee?

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

yes have already done Revo Uninstaller and installed as administrator. Yes Fruitbat running McAfee but have tried disabling McAffe but still will not open.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

HAve a read here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded