We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

spywareblaster will not open

Snrub

Likes # 0

Spywareblaster will not open so I uninstalled it and re-installed it, still will not open, requests UAC permission and given but still will not open then a message pops up saying failed to create IDespatch. Any ideas please?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If not already installed - download and install Revo Uninstaller to completely remove before reinstalling - link text

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 1

Then after you have completed revo, right click the .exe and install as administrator.

Best of luck!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

failed to create IDespatch is usually a problem with McAfee, are you running McAfee?

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

yes have already done Revo Uninstaller and installed as administrator. Yes Fruitbat running McAfee but have tried disabling McAffe but still will not open.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

HAve a read here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

No problem using Spywareblaster with Avira as Antivivus so it must be McAfee as Fruit Bat/\o/\ says

Like this post
Karakorum

Likes # 0

Anytime a security app won't perform I tend to look for malware.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

malware checks do not find any problems.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Run McAfee Virtual Technician which confirms all files and registry settings correct so think the problem is related to Windows 7 UAC

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 1

In my personal opinion, software like Norton & McAfee & now AVG is all bloated with extra gadgets. I think it maybe a good idea just to try and revo McAfee, give pc a quick clean with ccleaner, reboot and then try and install Spywareblaster. If Spywareblaster does install then re instate McAfee and see how that goes.

Avira is ok, but unless it's a paid for version, then it gives nil protection with email clients installed on your pc.

UAC can be turned off (If you wish): 1, Click start 2, Type in "start search" msconfig & press enter. 3, Once the "System Configuration" windows comes up, click on the Tools tab. 4, Scroll close to the bottom and look for "Disable UAC" 5, Once you have clicked Disable UAC, then click the "Launch" button. A cmd window will appear, just close that. Now reboot.

Best of luck !!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...