We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

photo scanning software for cannon scanner

osben

Likes # 0

Hi I am using a Cannon 8800F flatbed scanner running under windows 7 64 bit edition. The PhotoStudio 5.5 software that came with the scanner is apparently not compatible with 64 bit windows 7.

I have a number of colour photos that I want to scan in and then store on USB sticks. To organise them into an album would be nice also.

Does anyone know of a freebee software package that would do this and be compatible.

Regards

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I have the Canon 8600F installed on Windows 7 64 bit using the built in Windows Fax and Scan software. Does a perfect job for me.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Use Picasa for Organizing, editing, printing, sharing your photos (Excellent and FREE) link text

Like this post
Karakorum

Likes # 0

Have you checked the Canon and PhotoStudio support sites for updated drivers?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have the same scanner with Photoshop CS5 , which is installed in 2 versions - 32 and 64 bit. Only the 32 bit works with TWAIN scanning protocol. Suggest you check if you have all correct drivers and that the programme is 32 bit (works fine on a 64 bit machine)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......