We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MP3 Listmaking Software?

kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi... I've a number of DVD/CD's containing many MP3 tracks. I've a new computer now, running Win7 64-bit. I want to create a list of MP3's WITHIN EXCEL but can't seem to export the info I need from the DVD/CD's to create a list I can add to at will.

The list only needs to hold the following info: Artist - Track Name/Time - Source eg DVD 1/2/3/etc

Can anyone suggest any software (preferably free) that can read/export to XL with ease?

I've used 'mp3 Listmaker de Luhe' with XP for a good while, but the version I have won't run on Win7. It does a basic job and there's a paid-for version but frankly with such an amateurish interface it's not worth paying for.

So, any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome. Many thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Try Karen should work OK on 7

Like this post
kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi...thanks for taking time to reply. I've tried Karen before and it's not what I need.. Thanks anyway...

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 1

Anything here? MP3 List

Like this post
kwil2

Likes # 0

Hi again...thanks again for the input. Actually I'd already checked the XL site. Nothing there that makes the job simple. Macros etc won't do what I need. To clarify again: I've been using XL to catalogue on an ongoing basis over a fair time, all my music including MP3's etc I don't need or want to print them out (see Karen etc), just keep or export them as an XL file.

So: I've created an XL spreadsheet of artist/track title etc which I add to as and when. Right now, it's very long but it's best and easiest to keep it all on one sheet. Prior to Win7, my XP software (see above) worked perfectly with no fuss. So, the hunt goes on! Regards

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Have a look at this:MP3 list not free by the way. There's also this: listmaker its free but I do not think it's what you want.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad