We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to set router

POOJARI

Likes # 0

hi i have window7 ultimate i am trying to install router of olive but cant get it can u help me

• Tags:
  • pc
Like this post
BurrWalnut

Likes # 0

I don’t know what an ‘olive’ router is but here is the first-time connection procedure:

First of all, make sure you have connected the computer to the router by Ethernet cable so that you can access the router’s set up details. This is done in a home network by typing 192.168.x.y into a browser’s Address bar. The values of x and y depend upon the make of router. If you don’t know the values, open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type cmd /k ipconfig (note the two spaces), press Enter, make a note of the Default Gateway address and type it into the browser’s Address bar. When asked for the user name and password, type the default values (if they are not known, look in the router’s user manual). Go through the sections until you find one where you can enter your ISP details, i.e. the user name and password given to you by your ISP. You should not connect to the internet.

Your router may have a section that allows you to backup and restore its configuration details. If so, make a backup to enable you to easily restore the set up in the event of having to reset the router to factory settings.

Like this post
BurrWalnut

Likes # 0

Whoops, the last sentence of the main paragraph should read 'You should now connect to the internet.'.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite