We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

F8 safety mode Windows 7

dugit
Resolved

Likes # 0

I tried using F8 boot device safe mode (in case I need to use it) With Windows 7 but when I press F8 it shows four possibilities: HDD: P0-WDC WDI0EARS-00Y5BI USB:GENERIC 1 CARD USB:GENERIC 2 CARD USB: GENERIC 3 CARD I have tried all four but it just takes me through to normal windows. Any suggestions please?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

On your machine it looks like F8 is taking you to Boot devices so you can select which device to boot from.

Try F5 for advance tools menu

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"but when I press F8 it shows four possibilities: HDD: P0-WDC WDI0EARS-00Y5BI USB:GENERIC 1 CARD USB:GENERIC 2 CARD USB: GENERIC 3 CARD............."

Here's another tip for you:

When you're at that boot-device choices menu, hit the ESC key on the keyboard to close that screen and then immediately start tapping F8 again. That should get you to where you need to be.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Triple Post for some reason - You need to close the other 2

Like this post
dugit

Likes # 0

Thank you Fruitbat and Secret Squirel I tried both: 1 At start up hit F5 when it asked for F8 and this took me to Boots Manager, then pressed F8 again and it came up with advanced options with SafeMode/ with networking/ with command prompt which worked fine. 2. At start up hit F8 to bring up boot options, then pressed Esc and tapping F8 afterwards it then took me to advanced options and SafeMode/ with networking/ with command prompt which worked fine.

So both worked , many thanks to you both Dugit

Like this post  
dugit

Likes # 0

Resolved

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing