We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleted 'My Briefcase' from USB stick

sugarbabe

Likes # 0

Hi i have accidentally deleted friends 'my briefcase' from their usb stick ad they had no other copy of their documents. Is there any way i can retrieve.

I deleted it cause not enough room on stick for files i was loading. So already copied new files to it

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

You could try Easeuse Data recovery wizard Free edition Click here

This should allow you to recover up to 1GB. No guarantees as you have already writen to the drive.

Like this post
sugarbabe

Likes # 0

I have downloaded and recovered some files using 'file recover' it hasn't found my briefcase and some of the files when i try to open say not valid format.

Any ideas??

Like this post
sugarbabe

Likes # 0

help

Like this post
sugarbabe

Likes # 0

I tried with easeuse data recovery aswell but same problem says no valid format or opens word documents with convertor but not readable

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

The original documents should still be on their computer, only the updates will be lost since they last synchronised.

Like this post
sugarbabe

Likes # 0

Its not been sycronised since all the new documents have been saved to stick.

I have found link to them in 'recent' folder but cannot open cause just link

I was hoping there would be a record of it on the laptop they were created on. Found some files that were even older but not the files i want.

Just 4 word documents i need and can only find a link to them when i try open says not there

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...