We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free Radio Stations from the Web software

geedad

Likes # 0

Radiotracker Platinum 8 is being advertised by Avonquest ($29) as a radio station receiver for stations all over the world. I am not sure of the claim. Will this receive UK and european radio stations clearly? Anyone bought this? Please let me know your experiences. I am a little wary about these sort of things, having been caught out on 'watch any football match in the world for free' - once you have bought the software, and you can't watch any football match in the world unless you subscribe to a rip-off price website! geedad

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Reciva is a free portal to many thousands (around 14,000) of on-line radio stallions, so is Frontier Silicon. They both cover the whole world, except some US stations which are restricted by rulings of the US courts.

Perhaps that is what you are being asked to pay $29 for. I doubt if it's worth it.

There are others, but I use these two so I know about them.

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

morddwyd. Thanks a lot! Great help! geedad

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......