We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Registry Key - allow or deny modification?

Yimbo
Resolved

Likes # 0

My Security Suite, Zone Alarm, keeps popping up a "Suspicious Behaviour" warning each time I boot up.

"Setup Launcher Unicode may be trying to prevent "IS SETup" from running each time your computer is started, by modifying the Registry Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT VERSION\RUN"

I'm being asked to allow or to deny. Which should I do please?

I'm using XP home, and I have MS Office 2010 (if that's what's being referrd to!!)

Thank you for any help!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have you just installed new software? if not then deny it

Run Malwarebytes and run antivirus scanner.

Like this post  
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat! No, I haven't installed software lately - but I'll follow your advice, and see what (if anything) turns up.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Run any Microsoft Fixits?

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat - - No Fixits have been run - buut I did run Malwarebytes, as you suggested, and it found something called "Riskware.Tool.HCK" I don;t know anything aboout this.

However, I've deleted it, and so far there has been no further "Alerts" from Zone Labs.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

Like this post
Robertwisewell

Likes # 0

I my opinion, you need to get your registry check by a good software before you accept the change. If the message pop up again, you know that the entry in your registry are fine unless you've installed some random unverified software.

Follow the link to my blog for more info: Registry Checker

Robert

Like this post
Robertwisewell

Likes # 0

Oups, link doesn't work for no apparent reason,

bestregistrychecker.blogspot.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...