We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Avanquest 12 Professional

KirstyK

Likes # 0

Does anyone know how to do a back up on this programme? An error message comes up saying: 'I/O error on hard disc drive 1. The hard disc read or write operation has failed. This may be due to hardware problems.Retry or Ignore (programme might work incorrectly, or your data may become corrupted in this case.) I/O errors may indicate problems with your hardware. We recommend you to check disc surface with special tools then back up data ASAP.' I tried r/click on C:drive and tools and checkdisk. Checkdisk completed successfully. (I ran surface check as part of checkdisk). Has anyone else had similar problems when trying to do a back up with hard disk failure? If the hard disc is beginning to fail, what can I do to fix it? (The laptop is only a few months old - can the hard disk fail at this stage?)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK