We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Setup.exe using 90% of cpu

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi.

I was on my daughters computer a short while ago and found it struggling to open new pages.Went into Task Manager and setup.exe was using about 90% of the Cpu.

I let it run for a short time but it was still using up most of the Cpu, So removed it from Task Manager.

Now am I liable to have problems now with it not running.Memory was over 200.000K.

In some cases it is classed as a Virus and others as needed.

I did read somewhere that some of Microsoft Fix It programs use it and I have downloaded and run a couple of them in the last week.

Will give it a good check up tomorrow when I am back down at her house.

But looking for any information as to what to look for before I go.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Run Malwarebytes heres

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ok Fruit Bat /\0/\ will give that a try tomorrow.Thanks.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Ran malwarebytet and Eset scan and nothing was found.

Deleted one of the Microsoft Fix it's that I found.Rebooted and although setup.exe did appear it was only for a few seconds so no problem with it today.

So will class as resolved but if it comes back so will I.Arnie as well maybe.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft's all or nothing bet on Windows Phone is the best way forward

IDG UK Sites

Google adds better type rendering to its Chrome browser on Windows