We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon Printer Service Manuals?

Harper Boy

Likes # 0

I have reached the stage with my Pixma MP640 where standard troubleshooting advice from the User manual re my paper transport problem does not work, and I have decided to dismantle (and hopefully remantle!) the printer. Yes, I could take it to a repair shop, but with the MG5250 available at under £80 this clearly doesn't make financial sense.

However, I am not at all confident of putting it back together the way it should be (especially since I suspect there is already something out of place), so would prefer to have an illustrated guide eg exploded diagram before I start. Presumably I need a Service manual, but can't find out how to get one. Any suggestions? I believe I know where I can get one for the MP610 and also the MP630 - is either of these mechanically similar to the MP 640?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Have a look at this, it may be exactly what you want link text

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

This is a double post - The Link johnndrew has given you is the same link I gave you yesterday - you need to close one of these posts so as not to confuse.

Like this post
Harper Boy

Likes # 0

Thanks, but I'm afraid this link is to a User Manual only.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

User Manual or Service Manual - it still relates to the same problem. I am only trying to prevent confusion to others who are trying to help solve your problem and I think that having 2 posts running may just do that.

Like this post
Harper Boy

Likes # 0

I take your point, though I didn't intend it that way. My first post was looking for strong textanystrong text advice on solving my problem, I only decided to concentrate on looking for Service/Repair documents when that request failed. I would be happy to delete my original post, except I can't discover how!

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

To close a thread Simply put the cursor over one of the 'ticks' in the left column and left click the mouse to highlight it.

For a service manual you may have to pay but some are free. Check these:

link text

link text

link text

Like this post
Harper Boy

Likes # 0

Wow! Two useful bits of info in a single reply! Many thanks, johnandrew

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days