We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Small issue with Google Chrome

vassos

Likes # 0

Due to an array of trojans and viruses, my PC spent two days in a workshop being thoroughly cleaned out. On return IE and Firefox had gone and I installed Google Chrome. Bit of a change after all these years but I find it very slick and in general it works well. I still find it difficult to do one or two things which I had previously taken for granted but I'll get there. One glitch I cannot overcome to date is: On opening my internet banking site, I find the text size is tiny. There appears to be no way to fix it.There is text size control under the spanner at the top but that doesn't have any effect on the bank site. Any ideas pls.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Does the 'Zoom' not work under the spanner? Also zoom with Ctrl + scroll wheel.

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

Muddypaws, yes it certainly does but has no effect on the text size when I open the bank site and unlike IE, there is no tool menu showing now to make adjustments.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It is odd that the size does not change with the zoom. However have a look at options under the spanner and then under the bonnet and web content font size.

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

It would help if I could find "under the bonnet". It doesn't show when I click on options. The PC engineer who worked on the thing has no idea how I can correct this either.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

It may be sensible to uninstall chrome, run a cleaner such as Ccleaner then re install Chrome

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There should be 3 choices on the left when you click on options - Basic, Personal Stuff and Under the Bonnet. If any are missing then an uninstall and reinstall is probably the best way forward.

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

OK Guys, I found it and all is well. Many thanks.

Like this post
vassos

Likes # 0

The crazy thing is now that I have my bank details big enough to read, the rest of my sites etc., are massive. Can't figure out how to achieve a standard text size across the board.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more