We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pc restarts during games

bigsarge

Likes # 0

Does anyone know why my pc resets during certain games, ive tried prime95 on my cpu and iv also ran afterburner kombuster on my graphics card and they seem fine, no problems with overheating, this leaves me thinking possibly that its my psu.

this is my specs:

asus p8p67 pro mobo

intel core i7 2600k 3.4ghz

corsair 8gb ddr3

ATI radeon hd5850

The PSU is a thermaltake toughpower 750w, any help or advice would me much appreciated

Like this post
ACOLYTE

Likes # 0

What games does it reset on,and by reset you mean resart the pc or just the game?

Like this post
bigsarge

Likes # 0

It restarts the pc or reboots as it were, so far it has only done it during witcher 2 and shogun2, hunted the demons forge seemed to run fine....

Like this post
ACOLYTE

Likes # 0

Having re read your post it sounds more likely a driver/file error than anything else,either a corrupt game file or if it happens in all games Direct X,sound/graffix driver.What OS are you using,maybe the game/s are not fully compatible or you need to run them in compatibility mode or not,depends on the games/OS.To many possible things could be the cause.

Like this post
bigsarge

Likes # 0

Yea ive looked everywhere for an answer, so many ppl with the same problem but no certain answers, its a new build, only 5wks old maybe, the os is windows 7 home premium....its so frustrating trying to locate or even narrow down the possibilites, prime95 has been running for nearly 2 hours now with no problems, i ran kombustor on the gpu earlier for a solid hour with no issues so surely that should discount both cpu and/or gpu overheating?

Like this post
ACOLYTE

Likes # 0

I have noticed with shogun2 there is a patch for DX11 support,no idea if that would help,or if you have it but might be worth a try if you haven't. link text

Like this post
bigsarge

Likes # 0

Shogun runs thru steam tho, it automatically updated before i played it....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...