We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

auto internet connection

gidster

Likes # 0

hi how do i make it so my laptop connects to my wireless connection automatically?.at the moment i have to set up and connect every time i want to go on the internet. im using a acer travelmate 5720 on vista.

cheers.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

There should be a screen/window with save this network and start this connection automatically see Vista wireless network

Like this post
ACOLYTE

Likes # 0

Do you have the wireless turned on all the time,i know on mine i have a button that turns the wireless off,but having said that it does connect to the net when its turned on,so its more likely you haven't saved connection,i think there is a tick box to connect automatically.

Like this post
gidster

Likes # 0

thanks for the replies,but its not offering me the chance to tick a box to connect automatically anymore so im presumming that ive already done this as i can remember putting in the password.

the strange thing is when i turn the laptop on it says its connected to my wireless network then dissconects itself,then i go through the process of connecting it via connect-set up network-wireless-choose network. and itshows it connecting then a few seconds later im on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide