We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Messenger closes after sign on

collinsc

Likes # 0

Hi

When i sign into the messenger application (not via a browser) it disappears. I then have to re-open it and then it is signed in and working OK. is there a setting i need to tick which says "keep open after sign on"?

Have googled and others have had similar problems, except theirs crashes - mine isnt crashing, app is working fine, it just closes!

thanks

Like this post
collinsc

Likes # 0

thanks

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

I've had the same problem for some time - usually it just closes but sometimes it freezes the PC. This only happens on my W7 PC - XP is fine. It also causes log-off to fail and I have to press the restart button and, after reboot, it will shut down OK. I have been having an email conversation with Microsoft but, as yet they have not been able to find a cause, or solution so I have uninstalled it for the time being.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Had an update yesterday for Windows live essentials using W/7 64 bit.

Maybe you also need that update.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow