We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ordering online, why cannot go further than "add to scart" page.

Zerogravity

Likes # 0

My brother is trying to order some goods from a website in New Zealand from Belgium. I have never had any problems ordering from that website from the UK, but when he is trying, when he click on "add to scart", nothing happens, he stays where he is. He cannot order anything. After he told me that, I tried myself and it seems to work ok for me. He did try to disable his firewall thinking it was that blocking the process, but it's still doing it.
Could it be something on his computer blocking the next step, as it would lead to a secure page? Is it because he is trying to order outside Europe? (I don't know why this would matter).

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Might help to post the website for others to check out if possible

Like this post
Zerogravity

Likes # 0

http://store.pharmacy-nz.com/index.html

He used to have window XP on his computer, but something gone wrong and a friend of his upgraded him to window 7. I don't know if it's important or not.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Works ok for me using W7 in the UK.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

i notice that belgium is not listed as one of the shipping links, maybe that is the problem?

johnny

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Cant see any reason why Belgium should be a problem sometimes its a pop up being blocked that needs to be allowed might try turning that off for that site

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Is he blocking Cookies?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try clearing your "cookies" or add the address to your "exceptions" list of cookies.

Like this post
Zerogravity

Likes # 0

Just out of curiosity (I did try to contact them before but they never answered), I did send them an email. I had a quick answer back from the director who told me that Belgium wasn't on the list because they weren't sure of the belgian laws. But, after getting some information, he told me that he will be adding Belgium to the list to allow my brother to get his medication. My next question will be, how an online business can prevent someone from a country they don't want to deliver to, to order from their website? How would they know which country the person who is trying to click on "add to cart" is coming from, and thus prevent that person to reach the basket?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

A “cookie” is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer’s hard drive. "Cookies" can be very helpful. If you don't want to be "tracked" you would have to disable either all cookies or cookies from a third party via your Tools - options - in your browser.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

How would they know which country the person who is trying to click on "add to cart" is coming from, and thus prevent that person to reach the basket?

Probably the same way the bbc can block the Iplayer if your Isp .IP number says you are not in the UK

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED