We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do I manage partitions

tesfred

Likes # 0

Please help, I have bought a computer with a 40 gb hard drive, it as been partioned into 2, a 10 gb master (C) and a 30 gb partion (D). How can I resize it so that it is a complete 40 gb hard drive? Many thanks. tesfred1944

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 1

You need a partition manager, try this free one http://tinyurl.com/p2yvfd

Like this post
tesfred

Likes # 0

Many thanks rawprawn, it worked a treat, I now have the full 40 gb working on my computer. Once again, my sincere thanks for your help. Tesfred1944.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

tesfred I'm glad you are sorted. RP

Like this post
Karakorum

Likes # 0

You may regret not keeping your personal files on a separate partition to your Windows System if you ever have a crash and have to do a system restore.

If everything is on one partition your personal files will get wiped when Windows wipes the System partition and replaces them with new System files.

Like this post
Karakorum

Likes # 0

Sorry, I meant if you ever have to do a system 'Re-install'.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

What is the Operating System

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Windows 7 or Vista Reisize Partition

Like this post
tesfred

Likes # 0

Windows XP

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad