We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WHY is my Lappy telling me I'm not connected when... I AM??

AngeTheHippy
Resolved

Likes # 0

Morning Chaps,

Just powered up this morning, the 2 little monitors in the systems tray (bottom right)are indicating with a red cross rather than a blue globe that I'm not online. HOWEVER, I clearly AM online and even performed a speed test which was rather good! Is there a reason this is happening, i.e. my Laptop is starting to die??

Many thanks

AngeTheHippy x

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 1

If you are connected Via Wireless it will be using a different connection.

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Eh? mornin' buteman. There has been developments... yes I DO connect wireless, I did a restart and ... got the blue globe in front of the 2 monitors. Strange. I did a Google of the problem and seems some users have experienced it after some updates. Usually on Vista machines... which this is.

Thanks for your reply.

Ange x

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes quite right with the Eh? not sure what I was thinking about.

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

8-) 8-)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

AngeTheHippy

I found out what I was thinking.

On my Daughters computer which is connected wirelessly the two little monitors has a red cross beside it as not working and the wireless shows in another box which is working.

She is using xp and the two little monitors are the local area connection which she does not use and is disabled.

That's probably why I posted this.[ If you are connected Via Wireless it will be using a different connection.] And what I meant is there are two connections on her Taskbar with only one working which is the wireless one.

I hope that is clear to you as it is not so clear to me.

Think I am beginning to loose it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...