We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

connecting laptop-HDTV

aby471

Likes # 0

i recently bought a new 40 inch samsung HDTV and i wanted to connect it to my laptop but when i connect it to my HDTV using a dvi cable and the audio cable but when i change the source to pc it`s like theres no cable at all plz help me

ps:i dont know my tv`s model

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Tv programs need to be changed.

i am connected the same way to a 23" Samsung and there is a button on the top right of the Remote that I have to press if I just want to watch TV or press it another twice to go back to the computer.

It says Source so if yours has that give it a try.

Like this post
aby471

Likes # 0

yes like i said i changed the source to pc

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes sorry aby471 I should have said mine is a Monitor/TV and it worked ok without entering any CD's.

Maybe go into Device Manager.Monitors.And try updating the driver which I suppose is not very easy if you have no picture.

That is the only experience I have had with changing monitors so best waiting for someone else that can help.

Like this post
aby471

Likes # 0

ok thx anyway

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow