We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

having problems with edimax 300m wireless range extender

chunkymunky7

Likes # 0

Hello I have recently moved house and am up in the attic, the wireless router is downstairs on the ground floor and i get a terrible connection in the attic so i decided to go out and buy something that could boost the signal strength. I bought an edimax 300m wireless range extender and so far i've had lots of difficulties with it. At first there were troubles installing it, i could not login when it asked me to. But i got around that when i plugged my laptop into the router and eventually it let me login and progress through the other steps. I had successfully installed it and im pretty sure i picked the right settings i want the connection to go from the router downstairs to the edimax 300m on the second floor so that me up in the attic can have an awesome connection. Unfortunately though when i plug it into the wall on the second floor the WLAN light just flashes yellow and im pretty sure its supposed to be green, my connection has not improved one bit. Also when i try to go onto the configuration page for the edimax by typing in it's ip address 192.168.2.1 it says the webpage is unavailable. I've read that to fix this u must change the ip address of my computer. I've done exactly what it has said on the edimax website http://www.edimax.us/html/Faq/FAQ_router.htm#login but it still is not working. I am using an HP DV6 laptop with windows vista. Appreciate all help thanks :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...