We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

sky hd retune & d/loading 'items recorded on h/drive'? help please?

styxmarx

Likes # 0

At the moment I have sky + hd, but I am out of my contract with them...as I barely watch the movie channels...or msny of the others...but I have a HD Movie Package...I don't have sports..If I cancelled my subscription with Sky...would I continue to receive the 'free to air' channels...or would they just cutoff my sat dish? Also, I have some programmes on the hard drive box, would they be lost...or as I recorded them whilst paying for the channels, would they remain on the Hard Drive? Would I still have access to the EPG? would I have to 'retune' to receive the 'free to air' HiDef channels ie.BBC HD? Is there anyway I can d/load the items stored on the Skybox to my pc..if so...what kinda cable would I need to do this...sorry there are so many queries here, but I am housebound & don't know anyone else to ask? wanna donate my 'subscription fees' to a good cause! I am pretty pc savvy..despite being an old crone..ha ha! But to be honest, other than to reconnect the 2 hd wires which were never connected properly by the installation engineer? I can't say I've ever looked at the back of the bloody thing! I find it hard to get up/down to 'business end' as i'm disabled...& an old crone..I have included my email here, so if someone would take pity on me...pleeeze? perhaps email me the answers? I don't usually use forums...cos I waffle on & on & I know that's not the 'done thing'...! So if somebody could let me know if I have a response..email me a link to your 'kind reply' I would be 'eternally grateful'! Thank you all for your time..sorry about the 'waffling'! ms styx marx xxx

Like this post
styxmarx

Likes # 0

I think you've all gone mad? But I loved Concord & I loved the 'delta winged aircraft'....but a '6 engined shackleton'? That's an awful lot of 'jet propulsion' for a 'high seat chair'! & My only nephew lives in the 'far east'...so do suppose he will be 'getting me one from shackletons, you know!' - even if 'it's lovely'? But how did a question regarding 'retuning'..become a 'brookebond book of the air' erm...'looney' toon special! By the way I got up close to the 'Blackbird' once..just before they retired it...for why? Lockheed's SR71....my late brother had something to do with the 'electronics/comms units' design....he was a 'genius', took everything i ever owned to pieces when we were small, can't think of even one thing...he ever put back together for me though? Me? I became a 'physicist' because I read all his 'books'..he was 6yrs older than I...and I was'nt old enough to have a library ticket..! SO..I read what he read....whilst he was happy for me to read his books? In all that time, all those 'disassembled possessions'...never once did he say the word 'Applied' to me....so with 'nothing left' to take apart....and only books..! 'Theoretical' is wot i iz! D'oh! & ain't a great deal of 'career opportunities' for 'particle physicists'...though probably more than there used to be....! what with the return of Dr Who & all that...ha ha! stycky marx..xxx

ps..'flying daleks'!! Took me years to stop 'dreading' an invasion...till I figured out that as long as I kept away from 'buildings with lifts' & went upstairs the minute they stuck their 'plungers' anywhere near me..? I would'nt get 'exterminated'! Goodness, you've stirred some of 'whats left of my memory'! & awakened a few 'deeply repressed nightmares'! ha ha!

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

link text

Well here she be ifintersted just google Avro vulcan test bed 1: . Oh and where have you been Daleks dont have a problem with stairs nowhttp://www.avrovulcan.org.uk/otherphotographers/894farnborough_1.htm

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Sorry that link dont work properely try this if it dont the copy and paste it http://www.avrovulcan.org.uk/otherphotographers/894farnborough_1.jpg

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

AAArrgh! maybe this onelink text

Like this post
styxmarx

Likes # 0

@eedcam...I know the 'linked' item you have sent me & I will have a looksee later...I am on my way out soonly, to see the angel of the north...I have one in my 'front room' in 3 bits...but that's a whole different story..! last time I dared look at a dalek...they were all 'black/white/grey'? so not only was I never around long...when they were....I know they could'nt fly...now not only do they fly....they are different colours..! sooo that's how long it is since I hid in 'the cupboard'! Promise to check out the avro..did'nt they call their 'little flying saucer thing @ the skunkworks' the 'avro car'? does'nt say much for 'alien technology'if that was the best they could come up with,even 'back in the day' with all our so called 'reverse engineering'! No wonder they bloody crashed at Roswell/insert name of choice here'...they do seem to do that quite a lot & everywhere....You would think that 'those who see/know of these things once they'd had the 'ransom' paid to their 'et abducters'...I think the usual bung [if I remember the joke correctly is just the one 'blip blop'?] anyhoo, they would be grateful they were not killed by one of these E.T.'s when they were returned to earth...but Avro Car or not.....? They must be bloody awful pilots...d'ya think? well nanoo nanoo...! I gotta 'fly'? or hurry up or I won't be 'crashlanding' anywhere...soon! tee hee! styxmanx xxx

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014