We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft Office Word 2007

podlod

Likes # 0

Hi,It seems to me that whatever i seem to modify in Word 2007, for example; Font, Heading, Page layout, what ever view I choose it always reverts back to its original state when shutting down, even when I ok it at the time. How can I modify something which will permanently stay how I wish it to be without having to revert the way I wish it to be? Thanks for any help.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Are you wanting to modify the default document that automatically opens when you start Word? If you are then this should help:

Change the Normal template (Normal.dotm )

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You need to change the normal template see link text

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Cross posted.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I have carried out your instructions following your link. Firstly changed Font from calibri to Times Roman, then changed size font from 11 to 12, I clicked top left hand office button, changed to save doc template, clicked save and came back to desktop. Opened up word 2007 and it reverted back to original settings of Calibri, and Font 11? What am I doing wrong?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This is not for word but may put you on the right lines, look in File for Page Setup in the top menu, or something else to do with page setup

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 1

Open up Word. Press ctrl then D which will open the font dialogue box. Now select the font type and size then click on 'default' in the bottom left hand corner.

Like this post
mimosa418

Likes # 0

Podlod The following works for Word 2010 and I believe it is the same for Word 2007. I use Windows XP The template you saved should be available if you go to File/New/ My Templates. To have your template as the default you require to make it the Normal template as follows. All templates are stored at C:\Documents and Settings*user*\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. ser being your own account name. Rename normal.dotm to normal.old or something similar which you can revert to in a disaster. Then locate your stored template and rename it to normal.dotm When you next open Word your document should be based on your new template.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Or you could do as I have done open word the change the font etc to what ever you want then save the blank document somewhere,I have a folder on my desktop with various templates and blank docs.I have one that is saved as Glenn headed, which has my address details already on the document, but it must be saved as something else once the document is written or I will not have the blank document to open another time.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

PS,so you are still alive then Brian?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...